Website usage terms and conditions –
The term ‘The Body Stress Release Association’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 8 Symonds Street, George, Western Cape, 6530, South Africa. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of The Republic of South Africa.
Copyright notice –
This website and its content is copyright of The Body Stress Release Association – © The Body Stress Release Association 2018. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Website disclaimer –
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by The Body Stress Release Association and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of The Body Stress Release Association. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or that we endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, The Body Stress Release Association takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
The Body Stress Release Technique
The purpose of the Body Stress Release technique (BSR) is to assist in maintaining health by releasing areas of ‘body stress’ where a stress overload has locked into the physical structure of the body. When such stress is released by the body, it is better able to heal and maintain itself. The BSR technique is gentle and does not use force as that could impose more stress. It is based on the view that healing comes from within. The length of time taken for the body to heal and the extent of healing varies from person to person. It depends on how long body stress has been stored in the body and other factors. For this reason The Body Stress Release Association, its members and practitioners, cannot guarantee that a client’s expectations will be met.
Body Stress Release is a non-therapeutic complementary approach to health. That means it does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of any illness, condition or defect and it is not a substitute for any treatment of any kind, medical or otherwise. Nor should any statement made by The Body Stress Release Association, its members or practitioners be taken to mean or imply that they have performed any service provided by any other health profession.
The Body Stress Release Association is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Body Stress Release Association may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 April 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the relevant access-to-information Acts applicable. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Chairman, The Body Stress Release Association, 8 Symonds Street, George, 6530, South Africa
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The Body Stress Release Association of South Africa (“BSRA SA”) is committed to conducting its business in accordance with applicable Data Protection Laws and Regulations, including but not limited to Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (collectively referred to as “Data Privacy Laws”) and expects all associated Members and third parties will also ensure their commitment to the above.
The BSR SA is an Association that provides professional representation and membership services to Body Stress Release Practitioners. This service includes administering membership records, promoting our services, maintaining our accounts and records, supporting and managing our voluntary Committee members and recruiting and teaching students of the BSR Academy (Rondevlei).
Below represents out Data Protection Policy (“the Policy“) and our undertakings regarding compliance with the principles of collecting and processing personal data.
- Our current and prospective Members.
- Our website’s visitors and any third parties following our organisation, such as individuals having registered for our newsletter, events or other information mailings.
What personal information do we collect?
The information we collect may include the following:
- Practitioner Number
- Email address
- Physical address
- Membership status
- Postal address
- Contact details
- Identity numbers and date of birth (as necessary for the members inclusion in BSR SA’s professional third party insurance policy)
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Email address
- Educational qualification(s)
- Medical history (as required)
- Criminal history
- Email address
All information is collected to allow us to conduct out business and in compliance with any required legal obligations.
All information is provided to us voluntarily by our Members, students and individuals either through this site or by direct contact with one of our Executive Committee Members.
We may collect or hold information from current and prospective Members and previous and current students.
How We use personal information?
We may use Personal Information to:
- Respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests; including requests for contact information for Members practicing in specific areas around South Africa.
- Maintain a list of Members.
- Provide marketing or membership material as well as specific newsletters relating to the Body Stress Release profession.
Case studies relating to specific clients of a Practitioner Member may be shared on our site; but only using secure login credentials; and when this information is sufficiently made anonymous in order to protect the identity of the client involved; and when the required consent from the client involved has been obtained.
Who has access to my information?
Internally, the Executive Committee Members of BSR SA have access to all Member personal information in order to maintain the Register of Members in good standing and to ensure delivery of the newsletter and other information to the relevant Members on the BSR SA mailing list.
Members will have access to the contact information of other Members on the online BSR Practitioners’ Portal, however this information is only available to registered Members with the requisite login information.
The personal information collected, processed and maintained by BSR SA is not transferred to any third party, and will not be transferred without the valid written consent of the relevant individual concerned.
What about cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to automatically collect information from your computer such as your IP address and other details about your computer which are automatically collected by our web server, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to us. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How secure is the information held by us?
We maintain appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable information.
Storage of data
We retain your personal data only for the period necessary for the purposes set out in this policy or in accordance with the provisions of any applicable legislation.
What are my rights?
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you or to object to the processing of personal information held about you.
To do this, contact us at the numbers/addresses listed below and specify what information you would like. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. You may do this by contacting us at the numbers/addresses provided below.
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you.
Please note that we may amend this policy from time to time.
Contact our data privacy officer
Name: The Secretary
Postal Address: The Body Stress Release Association, 8 Symonds Lane, George, Western Cape, Republic of South Africa